Search Engine Optimization For Dentists
We understand your frustration.
You’re ready to take your dental practice to the next level. All you need is for the phone to start ringing.
You know that people are searching online for everything these days – including for oral health services, and that ranking well on Google is critical to winning new patients.
And you’ve done everything the so-called experts have told you is necessary to raise your site to the top of the search results. You may even have shelled out big bucks to other companies that promised quick results.
But when you search online and see how much better your competitors are doing – especially dentists that have ugly websites and lousy practices – all you can do is ask yourself why they’re winning and you’re not.
We get it.
We know the frustration of wishing you had a better understanding of what you need to improve your rankings, and the feeling that with more resources and more time you could succeed.
That’s why DDSRank is here. Our primary mission is to offer exceptional optimization exclusively for dentists. And that’s why we want to give you the exact diagnosis and treatment plan that you need to succeed – for free.
If you are willing to invest some time reading that you can review at your leisure, we’ll show you what makes DDSRank different.
- We’ll show you specific areas that are hurting your site’s performance, and reasons why other practices outrank you.
- We’ll show you the steps we can take that actually moves the needle with dental website rankings.
- And we’ll give you a customized proposal tailored to your website and search market.
Regardless of what you choose to do with our proposal, you’ll be left with a written diagnosis and treatment plan that includes some smart, actionable steps for improving your dental practice.
THE TRUTH ABOUT DENTIST OPTIMIZATION
It typically takes 2-4 years to become an hygienist. Dentists need to complete at least four years of school, typically after getting a bachelor’s degree, before they can practice. But most anyone can create a website and call themselves an expert in SEO with nothing else to back up their claims.
There are hundreds of online courses and training seminars that offer to teach people with little or no technical experience how to start an online ranking business. And most of them encourage their “students” to target dentists and other medical professionals.
That is why you are likely barraged daily with unsolicited emails and targeted Facebook advertisements offering expert services to get you to the top of Google page 1.
For many dentists SEO is a nebulous subject, and finding someone they can trust to improve their rankings is a daunting task. Is it possible to discern the professionals from the fakes? Or is the whole industry just spam or a scam?
The sad truth is that there are tens of thousands of lousy search engine “professionals” around the world, and hundreds who say they specialize in dentist marketing. And hiring the wrong one is at best a waste of your time and money, and at worst can actually hurt your rankings or damage your domain.
The bad ones are all doing at least one or more of the following:
- Using outdated tactics
- Violating Google’s search marketing guidelines
- Farming out all of their optimization work – from beginning to end – often to overseas ranking mills
- Following the same generic checklist for every client, regardless of what client’s actual needs are
- Taking your money without giving you results
We regularly hear horror stories from dentists who have invested time and money in the wrong person or company, and end up worse off than before they started. And we know why that happens.
The truth is that there are a number of factors to good marketing SEO, and that most of them are hard to do well:
- Keeping up with Google’s continual algorithm changes
- Comprehending new optimization and web technologies
- Testing strategies, identifying trends, and analyzing results
- Creating dentistry-focused strategies that are both affordable and manageable
- Finding the best search terms for a specific area
- Analyzing the competition and creating a plan to beat them
- Successfully executing those plans
The bottom line is that search engine optimization takes time, concerted effort, and often is either baffling or frustrating or both. There is no definitive playbook. There are no magic ranking bullets or secret Google sauce.
The best search engine optimization for dentists requires hard work, insightful analysis, and clever innovation. And that is what DDSRank offers to our clients.
Steve and his team at DDSRank are top notch. I have been impressed from Day 1. We couldn’t be happier with the high level of care and attention we receive from DDSRank. If you are looking for a professional, responsive SEO provider, this is the right group to add to your team.
What Google Says You Should Look For
What Sets DDSRank Apart
Expert Search Optimization Services – Exclusively For Dentists
We only work with dentists and dental professionals. Our goal is to build our clients’ practices by positioning their websites to attract new patients. We believe the best way to do that is to understand the dental market really well, and to recognize the nuances of oral health searches from one community to the next.
Our team is always focused completely on ranking sites in the world of dentistry, which gives us the edge on what potential patients are searching for, and how to make sure your site is the one they see. While other firms are spending much of their time on optimizing sites in the eCommerce realm, or trying to rank websites for carpenters, plumbers, and nail salons, we focused only on SEO for dentists. Your industry is all we are working in – all day,
Custom Ranking Campaigns – Tailored To Your Practice
We don’t offer generic packages for dentists, because no two practices and no two cities are alike. Instead, we tailor each proposal to fit a specific dentist in a particular market. And once we go to work for your office, we pour ourselves into helping you out-rank and out-perform the other dentists in your area.
We Work For You – Not Your Competition
Many providers work for practices across the street from you! That sounds like a conflict of interest to us, so we offer exclusive agreements, working for only one dentist for each particular practice area and city. This guarantees that our goal will be giving you the top rankings in your market.
No Long-Term Contracts – We Don’t Lock You In
If a company makes it hard for you to terminate their services, what does that say? We feel our performance is our contract, so if you aren’t happy with our work you can cancel at any time with no penalties or termination fees.
Thorough Dental Website Analysis – For Free
We are committed to providing exceptional results for our clients, and believe that starts with a thorough website analysis. It is so important to us to offer a campaign that is specifically tailored to your practice and market that we will start by pouring over your site, and delivering customized analysis, for free.
What’s Included In Our Site And Market Audit
There are a number of automated tools out there that will scan your website and give you an optimization score. We have one of our own linked at the top of our site that you can run and get instant results. Many do deliver some value, and will show you how your site measures up to a generic list of ranking attributes. But following a generic diagnosis will give you generic results.
Our custom website audits are done by hand, and involve one of our experts manually reviewing your site, market, and competition. Here are some of the things we look at and report on as part of our analysis:
- Domain age and history – While not a huge ranking factor, older and more established sites tend to do better, and Google has been known to limit the ability of new websites to rank. We look at the age of your site, and also research previous iterations of your web presence to get a feel for the evolution of your site over time.
- Site platform, hosting, and content management system – Not all websites are created equal, and the details under the hood of your site matter. Different platforms allow for varying degrees of optimization, so we look at the CMS used to create your site to get an idea of what options we will have to improve it. We work on a variety of different web platforms, and know how to make the most of your Internet configuration.
- XML Sitemap, analytics tracking, and schema markup – We look at these elements to make sure Google can properly crawl your website, track your incoming traffic, and properly locate and categorize your business. Proper schema markup tags are so important that Google has a markup testing tool to help developers properly use it. But we still find a majority of dentist’s websites – including many that have hired companies that claim to specialize in dentistry – are not using the right schema tags.
- Title tags, meta descriptions, and image alt tags – The content on your website is the primary factor in which search terms you will rank for. In our analysis we go below the surface to make sure the underlying elements are tuned to properly target the best search terms. This attention to detail is one of the things that sets us apart from other providers.
- Proper header tag hierarchy – Unfortunately, most people who design websites for dentists are concerned with the visual appearance, but either do not understand or do not care about the fundamentals of proper search engine optimization. The best sites strike a balance between appealing to potential patients and also structuring your content to be easily read and understood by the search engines. Our website audits look for areas where your site has neglected the latter at the expense of your rankings.
- Page interlinking and siloing – The relationship between the pages on your website and how they are linked together affects how well each one will rank. We look at the big picture of your website, to ensure you are getting the most out of your content and incoming links.
- Site performance optimization – Another critical factor in proper optimization is user experience. Google knows the best website content in the world is useless if it takes too long to load or is too difficult to navigate. If your site is too slow or too confusing visitors will leave your site and look at the next competitor on the list. Google cares enough about site speed to create their own tool to let you measure it. Shouldn’t your company include that in their optimization?
- Content uniqueness – It is very difficult to convince Google that your site is the best answer to a dental search in your area if it is built using the same stock content that exists on a thousand other dentist’s websites. Google is very harsh on duplicate content, so we check to make sure your designer didn’t just slap together a site using boilerplate text.
- Improper category and tag configuration – Duplicate content on your own website is a problem that is often overlooked by other companies. Often the default configurations of content management systems like WordPress can make Google think you are posting the same content on multiple pages. We look for these kinds of internal mistakes that can kill your rankings.
- Redirect problems and broken links – Often when you upgrade your website to a new design urls change. If your site designer doesn’t manage the change properly it can lead to missing pages or redirect loops that Google will notice.
- Social property setups – Having pages for your practice on sites like Facebook and Yelp are critical to ranking success. We look at your properties on the primary social media sites to make sure they are setup properly.
- NAP consistency – A key element in the Google map rankings is name, address, and phone number consistency across a variety of citation sites. Small differences – like different usages of “Suite” and “Ste” can make a difference. So we look to make sure you are saying the same thing about who you are and where your practice is located across the Internet.
- Algorithmic and manual penalties – Frequently dentists will contact us because their rankings drop suddenly and dramatically. In some cases they will disappear completely from Google, meaning they are invisible to prospective patients searching online. Sometimes poor or shady ranking work will lead to a penalty from Google that will trash your rankings and tank your visibility. Our analysis will look for the telltale signs of a penalty, and explain the reasons if we find them.
- Backlink profiles, site authority, and toxic links – Google revolutionized the search engine industry by looking at links from other websites as a sign of popularity. Their algorithms have changed significantly over time, but links have remained a primary factor in the ranking puzzle. Our in-depth audits go beyond your website to examine which sites are linking to yours, how they are utilizing anchor text, and whether some links are hurting you rather than helping.
- Market keyword research – People from different parts of the country talk differently. As a result, dental search terms vary from one city to the next. We want to maximize the number of potential patients visiting your practice website, which means we need to know which search keywords are used most often in your area. Without that, it is impossible to properly optimize your site to maximize your rankings. Our exceptionally thorough keyword research is one aspect of our work that allows us to deliver superior results with our campaigns.
- Top competitor research and analysis – Over 91% of searches never go past the first page of results, and there are a limited number of spots on page 1. The only way to get there is to push past the dentists that are already there. That is why our audits look at your competitors for the better dentistry-related keywords in your area. Understanding your competition’s website strengths and weaknesses is critical to estimating the cost and time frame for a successful ranking campaign.
Take Your Practice Marketing To The Next Level
DDSRank is the answer if you are ready to find the right solution for your online visibility problems, to stop worrying about whether or not you have the right dental SEO strategy, and if you are ready to see real results. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today or email [email protected].