Why A Dental Marketing Agency?
Is your website working as an online salesperson for your dental practice? Does it grow your practice, and bring in new patients 24/7, whenever someone searches for the procedures and services you offer? Or do you get so little traffic that you don’t even notice the difference between when your website is up or down?
Dentistry is as competitive as it has ever been and no matter what specific area of the country you are in, you need a strong website and social media presence if you are going to move your dental office from “just surviving” to thriving. This is where implementing an Internet dental marketing strategy can be your secret weapon to grow your practice and achieve major success!
Reason #1: We Have A Track Record Of Success
A good dentist SEO company will not be short on quality references from dentists who have used them in the past. Having a team is also a major bonus since search engine optimization is very hard work. Even small practices in relatively smaller cities with less competition can find challenges when getting onto the first page of Google, and then even moving up to those coveted top three spots.
If you’re dealing with a major market city with a large population and lots of competition then a solo individual doing SEO has virtually no chance of being able to compete with all your other competitors who are using professional SEO agencies or have entire internal teams handling that part of their online marketing.
Reason #2: We Have Tools/Leverage That You Don’t
Some of the most effective SEO tools take thousands of man hours to develop and months or even years of careful tending to be at their best. No one running a non-SEO business has time to do this. No one has time to develop their own software, either. Nor have they spent the numerous hours we have looking at dental marketing campaigns in a variety of markets.
This means that as an internet marketing company specializing in dentistry we have experience locating dental patient keywords your practice can use to draw in potential customers that others will likely overlook. And when it comes to getting authoritative dental directory listings or high quality back links related to dentistry, dental marketing agencies have access to blogs, websites, and connections that an internet marketing company that doesn’t specialize in dentistry won’t have. This is a great reason to trust DDSRank to get your website to the top of page one.
Reason #3: Good SEO Is Time Consuming & Takes Talent
Search Engine Optimization involves over 200 different ranking factors that include both on page and off page issues. In order to get the most out of any ranking efforts, you need to tackle both. Some of these factors are extremely time intensive and take a huge amount of work. If you’re running a successful dental practice you simply don’t have time to perform your own market research, or learn and implement the latest strategies and techniques.
Here are some of the elements of an in-depth dental marketing campaign:
- Market & Keyword Research – You can’t properly optimize a site if you don’t know the targets you are aiming at. Sure, if you are in Chicago “dentist Chicago” and “dentist Chicago IL” are likely good choices. But what about “dentist in Chicago”? Yes, you probably want to go after all of them, but which one should be your primary target? You only have 1 title tag on a page – as a primary ranking factor, which one should you choose? The reality is that “dentist Chicago” gets 60% more search traffic than “dentist in Chicago”, and 400% more traffic than “dentist Chicago IL”. The same thing happens with variations of different specialties and procedures within any geographic region. Without proper market research you can’t effectively optimize the content on a site.
- Competitor Content Research – Once you know your targets, you really have to see who is already ranking for the terms you want to target to know how to proceed. It isn’t just keywords and meta tags – you need to look at what kind of content your competitors have to know what is required to compete. If they have a 2000 word page on dental implants that is ranking in your city, and you are using a 300-word boilerplate page that your last web developer used on dozens of other sites you don’t have a chance. Good SEO in this instance requires content rewrites to give you a comparable or superior page that has a shot at ranking. And since Google is all about content these days, it really means looking at all the pages on page 1 for your target terms, looking at size, structure, and relevant terms to figure out what you need to write to beat them.
- Competitor Backlink Research – Content is only part of the game. Links still play a huge role in who ranks and who doesn’t, so you need to find out what kind of authority your competitors have pointing at their site. And then you need to match the ones you can, and then find comparable or superior ones for the others to push your content ahead of theirs in the results. Link building is an ongoing part of a good dental SEO campaign.
- Ranking and Traffic Reporting – Since a good SEO campaign is an ongoing process, it requires key performance indicator measurement and tracking to be successful. You rewrote a page to better target dental implants – did it help or did it hurt? If you aren’t watching rankings and visitors you won’t know.
- Conversion Optimization – Just because you and your designer think your website looks fantastic doesn’t mean it will actually get you more patients. What is their traffic flow through your site – are they bouncing immediately, or actually reading your content? Are your call to actions effective, or are they getting buried in all the pretty graphics? A good SEO campaign monitors, measures, and modifies based on data that is collected over time. It isn’t a once and done deal.
And those are really just some of the elements that come into play. Map rankings require citation audits, claiming accounts, data normalization, and continued citation creation to be successful. Did you or your previous SEO do things that hurt your domain? Toxic link removal or disavowal might be a requirement, and that is not a one-off job either.
Our dentist marketing agency has a number of experienced professionals and tools to tackle these factors for any dental website. You don’t have to pay a full-time salary for your own marketing specialist, hoping the people you hire have the ability, knowledge, or tools to actually get results.
Reason #4: You Get To Focus On Making Your Practice Exceptional
Since someone else is taking care of all the SEO issues surrounding your dental website, you can focus on making your practice even more exceptional. That’s going to lead to happier dental patients, better word of mouth advertising, and you’ll be happier focusing on what you built your office around, as opposed to having to mind the details of coming up with your own marketing system to maintain practice growth.
Reason #5: Wrap Your Online Marketing Needs Together
From adding social media marketing and email marketing campaigns to designing a new custom dental website from scratch and getting any SEO campaign started on the right foot, our dental SEO company also offers related online services to help make sure your practice has the website, the marketing strategy, and the complete package of programs you need in order to succeed against the competition online and grow your patient base.
If you’re looking for multiple services, going with an SEO agency like DDSRank that takes care with you from start to finish can be a great relief – especially when put together in a package deal!
The Obvious Conclusion
When it comes to getting your dental practice found online, having someone handle SEO on the side just isn’t a smart move. If you want to not only compete with the major players in your local market and beyond, but you want a flood of new patients from having one of those top three spots, then you need to make sure that you’re hiring an experienced dental SEO consulting agency like DDSRank to help you get to the top of the SERPs, and attract all the new business that comes with it! Contact us today for a free marketing consultation and site audit.